Internal memo of the IAP
by Islamic Association for Palestine
October 1, 1992
This memo opens with an overview of the theological and historical importance of Palestine to the Islamic nation. It then moves on to detail the history behind the formation of Brotherhood support organizations, like the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP), outside of the Palestinian territories, and juxtaposes this development with the history of the Intifada and Hamas. The memo also explains the structure of the Palestinian Muslim Brotherhood/Hamas leadership. Interestingly, the memo notes that the Executive Committee and the Consulting Council both have members that live or work outside of the Palestinian territories, which could possibly refer to personnel from the Brotherhood support organizations also addressed in the memo. This fact seems to be confirmed by the first sentence of the second paragraph in section Five (of six), entitled: "Islamic Action for the Palestinian Cause in North America."
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Shamm Countries Movement (Muslim Brotherhood in the Levant)
- The General Apparatus for Palestine (Muslim Brotherhood in Palestine as of 1985)
- Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP)
- Islamic Association for Palestine's Students (Kuwait)
- Islamic Association for Palestinian Youths (Britain)
- Muslim Palestinian Youths Association (Germany)
- Occupied Land Fund (OLF)
- "United Association" (possible a reference to UASR – United Association for Studies and Research)
- "Students Society" (possible reference to MSA – Muslim Students Association)
- "Malaysian Students' Society" (possible reference to MISG – Malaysian Islamic Studies Group)
- Palestine is the land which moved from one honor to another by the arrival of the representatives of the 20th century innovator, martyr Imam Hassan al-Banna, and they transferred it to the Muslim Brotherhood Movement and branches for the Ikhwan were formed in the cities of Palestine in the early 40's. Palestine is the one for which Muslim Brotherhood prepared armies – made up from the children of Islam in the Arab and Islamic nations – to liberate its land from the abomination and the defilement of the children of the Jews and they watered down its pure soil with their honorable blood which sprouted into a Jihad that is continuing until the Day of Resurrection and provided a zeal without relenting making the slogan of its children "It is a Jihad for victory or martyrdom."
- In the beginning of the eighties, the Islamic action for Palestine experienced distinguished leaps. At the inside level, groups and apparatuses were formed to confront the Zionist enemy and the carried differed names then such as "The Palestinian Mujadedeen" and other names. At the outside level, a number of associations, Islamic youths and students unions were formed to ally [sic] the masses in order to render the Palestinian cause victorious. Therefore, the Islamic Association for Palestine's Students in Kuwait, the Islamic Association for Palestinian Youths in Britain, the Islamic Association for Palestine in North America and Muslim Palestinian Youths Association in Germany and others were founded.
- Therefore a resolution was issued by the Guidance Office and the Shura Council of the International Movement to form "Palestine Committees" in all the Arab, the Islamic and the Western nations, whose job is to make the Palestinian cause victorious and to support it with what it needs of media, money, men and all of that.
- The completion of formation of Palestine committees in all countries and giving attention to holding conferences relating to Palestine while publicizing and focusing on the savagery of the Jews.
- Like other Western, Arab and Islamic arenas, the American arena has seen a move for action for the Palestinian cause by the grace of God and due to the presence of the Islamic Movement and its pioneer the Muslim Brotherhood Movement. The first organizational frame for Islamic action for Palestine came in the beginning of the eighties when the leadership of the Movement decided to establish "The Islamic Association for Palestine in North America"