US v. Al Timimi, Ali
[EDVA] Ali Al Timimi was the spiritual leader of the "Virginia Paintball Jihad" network. In April 2005, he was convicted of inciting terrorist activity and sentenced to life in prison. A judge ordered Al Timimi to be released from custody in August 2020 while he pursues his appeal in part because he is susceptible to the coronavirus and in part because of a recent Supreme Court case that could invalidate several counts on which he was originally convicted.
- Memorandum Opinion Re: Timimi Release
- Order Granting Timimi's Release
- Prosecution Response to Dimaya Argument
- Defense Exhibit - SCOTUS Ruling in Dimaya
- Notice of Supplemental Authority in Defense's Renewed Motion for Acquittal
- Al-Timimi's Memorandum in Support of Motion to Compel Discovery Related to Anwar al-Awlaki
- Government Exhibit 7D15 - Jihad is Over
- Government Exhibit 7A12 - Sheikh Hammoud Al-Uqlaa Fatwa on Taliban
- Government Exhibit 3A1 - Receipt for Hamdi's Purchase of AK-47 from Chapman
- Government Exhibit 7A3 - Al Timimi - "Reflections"