US v. Benevolence International Foundation, et al.
Al Qaeda, Bosnian and Chechen Mujahideen
[NDIL] Enaam Arnaout pled guilty to racketeering conspiracy, admitting he used his charity, Benevolence International Foundation (BIF), to support fighters in Bosnia and Chechnya. Evidence points to close ties between Arnaout and Osama bin Laden. In July 2014, prosecutors filed a complaint against Arnaout that sought to revoke his U.S. citizenship for lying on his 1993 naturalization application. The complaint said that Arnaout failed to disclose his ties to Osama bin Laden and support for Afghan Mujahideen fighting the Soviet army in Afghanistan on his application.
Related Topics: Terror Financing
- Enaam Arnaout Civil Naturalization Revocation Complaint
- Exhbit 213-Letter from Congress of Chechen International Organizations
- Treasury Designation of Benevolence International Foundation
- Order Denying Sentencing Appeal
- Plea Agreement
- Government Proffer re Co-Conspirator Statements
- Second Superseding Indictment