Suggested Amendments to the Bylaws of the Palestine Committee
April 2, 1991
This fascinating document consists of an introductory letter and suggested ammended bylaws for the Palestine Committee of the Muslim Brotherhood in the United States. The introductory letter explains that the Palestine Committee was created by the Palestine Body of the Muslim Brotherhood in the Levant in 1988. It also reveals that the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP), the Occupied Land Fund (OLF, later called the Holy Land Foundation - HLF), and the United Association for Studies and Research (UASR) were all organs of the Palestine Committee in the United States.
- The Palestine Committee in America, a.k.a. the Central Committee
- Muslim Brotherhood
- Muslim Brotherhood in the Levant
- Palestine Body (formed by the Muslim Brotherhood in the Levant)
- Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP)
- Occupied Land Fund (OLF, later known as the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development, HLF, HLFRD)
- United Association for Studies and Research (UASR)
- Due to the what the cause of the Muslim people in Palestine is experiencing, the important developments produced by the blessed Intifada in the occupied territories and the echo it caused with the Muslim Brotherhood Movement which was evident in the directions of the honorable General Guide, the instructions of the International Shura Council and the Office of Guidance1, the Palestine Body has been formed by the Executive Office for The Levant countries with direction from the Office of Guidance. In light of that, Palestine Committees have been formed in all the countries which have a population of Muslim Brotherhood. The head of the [Palestine] Body visited America (in 1988) and a meeting with the leadership of the Group was held in order to form a Palestine Committee to serve the Muslim cause in Palestine on the American front.
- The Central Committee is a committee which is specialized in working for the Muslim cause in Palestine, and it originates from the Palestine Body formed by the Executive Office of the Muslim Brotherhood in The Levant countries and with direction from the Office of Guidance. Its scope of work is limited to North America and its contacts include other countries. The Committee works only in its field of speciality [sic] and with what does not conflict with the policies and the systems of the Group in America.
- Collecting of donations for the Islamic Resistance Movement from the Ikhwan and others.