USA v. Alwan, Waad Ramadan, et ano.
Bowling Green, KY
Iraqi Insurgency; al-Qaeda in Iraq
Waad Ramadan Alwan, 30, and Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 23, both former residents of Iraq who currently reside in Bowling Green, were charged in a 23-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury in Bowling Green. Alwan is charged with conspiracy to kill U.S. nationals abroad; conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction (explosives) against U.S. nationals abroad; distributing information on the manufacture and use of IEDs; attempting to provide material support to terrorists and to al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI); as well as conspiracy to transfer, possess and export Stinger missiles. Hammadi is charged with attempting to provide material support to terrorists and to AQI, as well as conspiracy to transfer, possess and export Stinger missiles. In August 2012, Hammadi pleaded guilty to all counts of the superseding indictment, including providing material support to AQI.
- Alwan Sentencing Memo
- DOJ Press Release re Sentencing
- Superseding Indictment (Mohanad Shareef Hammadi)
- Governement Trial Brief (Mohanad Shareef Hammadi)
- Plea Agreement Press Release (Mohanad Shareef Hammadi)
- DOJ Press Release
- Complaint (Waad Ramadan Alwan)
- Complaint (Mohanad Shareef Hammadi)