USA v. Boyd, Daniel, et al.
[EDNC] A federal grand jury in the Eastern District of North Carolina charged seven individuals with conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and conspiring to murder, kidnap, maim, and injure persons abroad. One of the defendants, Daniel Boyd, is a veteran of terrorist training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan. The indictment alleges that in June 2007 Boyd and several other defendants traveled from the United States to Israel in an effort to engage in violent jihad but returned to the U.S. after failing in their efforts. A superseding indictment added new charges against the the terrorism suspects, including weapons charges and conspiracy to murder U.S. military personnel. Boyd pleaded guilty to the charges in February 2011. Boyd received a prison sentence of 18 years in August 2012
Sherifi, a member of the terrorist cell led by Boyd, was sentenced in January 2012 to 45 years in prison. In June 2012, Anes Subasic,a nother defendant, was found guilty of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and plotting to wage jihadi attacks overseas. Subasic was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Court records in a separate but related case accuse Hysen Sherifi of plotting to murder and behead witnesses who testified against him at his federal trial. Sherifi was convicted in November 2012 on all counts in the murder-for-hire scheme.
- Sherifi Guilty Press Release
- Daniel Boyd Sentencing Press Release
- Anes Subasic Sentencing Press Release
- Anes Subasic Guilty Press Release
- Sherifi Murder for Hire Indictment
- Hysen Sherifi-Related Complaints
- Anes Subasic Second Superseding Indictment
- Anes Subasic Verdict Form
- Dylan Boyd Plea Press Release
- DOJ Release re Zak Boyd Guilty Plea
- Daniel Boyd Plea Agreement
- Press Release Daniel Patrick Boyd Guilty Plea
- Criminal Complaint Against Bajram Asllani
- Superseding Indictment Press Release
- Superseding Indictment
- Hysen Sherifi Search Warrant
- Daniel Boyd Search Warrant
- DOJ Press Release
- Detention Hearing Exhibits
- Audio / Video Exhibits